Saturday 10 March 2012

The Shadow Prince

A new book is being published this week - The Shadow Prince by Terence Morgan.  I've not had a chance to read it yet but it tells the story of Perkin Warbeck/Richard of York before the rebellion of 1491.  Mr Morgan has based his story on documentary evidence and concludes that Perkin Warbeck and Richard of York were indeed the same person and that Richard's claim was genuine. I'm particularly interested to read it because I have wirtten a book on a similar theme.  In my book Master Merryman I have come to a slightly different conclusion - that Richard of York was who he said he was and Perkin Warbeck was a talented Flemish musician.   You will have to read the story to find out how their lives became intertwined.  Master Merryman is available in a Kindle Edition and in paperback from www.createspace.com and www.amazon.co.ukThe Shadow Prince is out now published by MacmIllan for £12.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment